Drill: Quick turning and shooting drill
Drill to improve quick turning and accurate shooting
- Area marked out with cones
- 2 x Full size goals - use poles if necessary
- Turning grid area 5 x 5 meters.
- Distance from server to grid 15 - 20 meters.
- Distance from grid to goals 18 meters.
- Supply of balls
Ball is passed from server to forward. Forward checks away and then meets the ball. Forward uses a quick turning technique and fires off a quick accurate shot. The receive, turn and shoot technique must be inside the turning grid. Repeat for 3 - 4 shots per forward before rotating players
- Check to receive the ball
- Use turning technique
- Assess goalkeepers position
- Correct shooting technique
- Accurate shot - hit target
- Vary the type of service, not always on the floor
- Vary the distance of service - throw some into forward
- Add a passive defender
Logged in as
Running with ball and power shooting game
A drill to develop head up dribbling skills, finishing with an accuate powerful shot against a GK
Develop early crossing
To improve the runs of forwards and the awareness of wide players when making early crosses
Improve forward runs for crosses
Develop crossing for near post, far post and pull back runs from forwards
Give and go, give and go to finish
Drill to improve the midfield and forwards movement and interplay though a series of give and go supporting runs and passes, ending with a shot
Forward runs for near post crosses
To improve a forwards ability to make clever, well timed and positive runs to the near post for crosses.