Drill: Game to develop turning to shoot
To improve turning and shooting in and around the penalty area.
- Use cones to mark out the area
- 1 x Full sized goal.
- 2 lines of players with balls on two cones 30 meters from the goal
- Forward on cone 10 meters away.
- Supply of balls
Ball is passed into forward, who checks back to receive the ball into feet. Forward uses various turning techniques to turn with the ball into the penalty area and looks to shoot past the goalkeeper. After shooting the player returns to the end of the opposite group. Repeat exercise from the other end.
- Check from cone to receive the ball
- Use turning technique
- Head up after turn to assess goalkeepers position
- Accurate shot
- Follow up for rebounds
- Vary the types of turns
- Vary the service to test ball control and turning techniques
Logged in as
Continuous power shooting drill
Exercise to develop continuous power shooting opportunities. Players to adjust, support and set for first time shooting
Develop quick interplay to shoot
Exercise to develop quick give and goes, finishing with an accurate shot
Crossing drill to miss the first defender
Exercise to improve crossing to miss the first defender
Chase me progressive drills
To improve the skill of running with the ball and finishing 1 v 1
Power shooting game
To improve power shooting from distance