Drill: Shooting when ball is rolling across area
To develop and improve the technique of shooting with the ball rolling across the player
- Area marked out with cones
- Two lines of players 30 to 40 meters from goal.
- Two players 5 to 10 meters in front with the balls
- Ball is rolled so the player runs onto the ball and shoots
- Supply of balls
- Full sized goal
Players with balls 10 meters from edge of penalty area D and 20 yards out. Shooters on cones 30 meters out and central. Players with balls roll the ball across and into the penalty area D. Shooters time runs and attempt to strike the ball to score. After shot, shooters become rollers and rollers become shooters. Repeat from both sides. Make it a competition. 1 point for hitting the target, 3 points for scoring.
- Shooter runs to ball quickly
- Assess goalkeepers position
- Select the most vulnerable part of the goal
- Select technique depending upon how far out the player is for the shot
- Either powerful accurate shot - or
- Accurate side foot
- Keep head down and steady on the ball
- Strike through the middle top half of the ball - keep ball down
- Follow up for rebounds
Vary the type of service, some for first time shots, some that will need controlling and shooting.
Logged in as
Tight control and quick shot
To improve quick control and shooting around the edge of the area
3 V 3 Shoot through 1 goal
Attacking 3 players to combine on both sides of the goal, with passing, support and movement to create a shooting opportunity, through either side of the goal.
Pressurised shooting game
To improve an attackers reactions, control, dribbling and shooting skills, under pressure from defenders
Develop crossing with free wide players
To improve crossing and finishing in a conditioned game
Dribbling passing and finishing drill
Drill to improve dribbling, give and go passing and finishing