Drill: Control and pass to the spare player
To improve ball control into the space and passing to free player
- Use cones to mark out area
- 3 servers, 2 with a ball form a triangle 10 - 20 meters away from receiver.
- Server passes ball, receiver controls and passes to only player without a ball.
3 servers with 2 ball form a triangle round the receiver. Servers pass a firm ground pass into receiver. Receiver controls the ball to the side of the free player and passes the ball to the spare player . Receiver returns to start position. Repeat from new server.
- Receiver on their toes ready to receive the pass
- Get in line with the ball
- Control ball to the spare player side
- Head up, accurate pass
- Ready to receive the next pass
- Servers to concentrate on the timing and accuracy of pass
This is hard work for the receiver so work for a set period of time or number of passes.
Increase or decrease the distance between the server and receiver to test and improve different passing techniques and ball control skills
Logged in as
Ball control in the air against passive defending
To improve ball control when the ball is passed in the air and the receiver is under pressure from passive defending
Improve receiving, turning and shooting
Pressurised drill to develop the technique of forwards receiving the ball with their back to goal, quickly turning and shooting
Forward link play developing turning and passing
Practice to develop forward skill of how to play in the hole and link play through turning and passing skills
Turning in triangles
Game to improve creating angles to receive and turning with the ball, with the objective of retaining possession. Team in possession can use target players and floating players
Control, turn and deliver low firm pass
Drill to improve controlling, turning and delivering a low driven pass around the pitch