- Use cones to mark out grid area
- Supply of balls
- Take defender away to create space
- Check off to receive ball
- Decision - if defender tight protect ball and use server or try a turn
- Decision - if defender away, receive on back foot and turn
- Pass to opposite server
- New movement to receive the ball
This drill is about the attacker trying to create space to turn and pass the ball into the opposite server. The attacker must look to make the right decisions. These decisions will be based upon the proximity of the defender and the attackers ability to lose the defender.
- If defender is tight encourage the attacker to pass back to the server and move to create a new angle to receive the ball.
- Encourage the attacker to try different types of turning skills