Drill: Fast feet 6 yard box drill
To improve a goalkeepers movement and balance
- 5 x cones.
- 4 cones at each corner of the 6 yard box or in a marked area.
- Central cone in the middle
Five cones arranged around the 6 yard box. Goalkeeper must quickly move around the cones, all the time keeping their head and shoulders pointing forward
- Goalkeepers to be dynamic and explosive in their movement
- Be under control when going round the cones, use little steps
- Side - skip - skipping sideways and brushing the floor when moving sideways
- Keep head and shoulders pointed forward at all times
- Keep low, with hands in shot stopping position
Progress to two and three repetitions for extra fitness and power development
Logged in as
Clock coaching handling drill
Clock drill to improve goalkeeping handling and movement.
GK communicating and support
To improve the goalkeepers communication, support and understanding of their position in relation to where the ball is and their defenders.
To develop a goalkeepers communication and positioning skills in a functional exercise and in relation to the defenders position and the position of the ball.
Develop throwing and catching ball skills
To improve the technique of the overarm throw and catching the ball when it is directed at the body.
Shot saving techniques for balls that are set back
To improve the technique of moving the feet and using different saving techniques for shots from balls that are set back to a striker