Drill: Skill Competition - Pass and move in twos
Skill competition to improve passing, support movement and communication.
- Two players, one ball.
- Lay out a series of gates using cones, with each gate being 2 to 3 yards wide.
- The distance between each gate should be suitable for the age and ability of the players
The objective of the competition is for the players to co - operate as a pair, with initially the player without the ball making a run to the gate on their right, to receive the pass, control it through the gate and then pass it back to the initial passer, who after making the pass, makes a run to the gate on their left. The players work as a pair, going from right to left, to the middle, back to the right, then through the last set of gates, before repeating the pattern back to the start. The players should look to complete the skill competition, without making a mistake and in the quickest possible time
- Good communication between players
- Players to keep their heads up and be aware
- Timing of the runs to receive the pass
- Players making the runs to always look at the player on the ball
- Players passing to get their head up and picture the pass, before passing
- Accurate, well timed, well weighted passing
- Control the ball out of the feet and in the direction of the cones they want to run through
- More than 1 pair of players taking part in the competition
- Make the distance between the gates bigger or smaller
- Use both feet when passing
Logged in as
Skill Competition - Dribbling
The objective of the competition is for the player to be timed to complete the dribbling course and also to be able to complete all the various dribbling and turning skills correctly, without the ball touching any of the cones. The players should time themselves and try and complete the course successfully in the quickest time.
Skill competition - Pass and control
Skill competition to improve side foot passing, ball control and movement to receive passes.
Skill Competition - Dribbling follow the leader
Competition to improve dribbling skills and for players to keep their heads up when manipulating and dribbling the ball
Skill Competition - Forward passing forward runs
Skill competition to improve the timing of forward runs and the timing, weight and accuracy of forward passing.
Skill Competition - Pass, Control and pass
Skill competition to improve the accuracy of passing and the skill of controlling the ball to the side and out of the feet