Drill: Trampoline finishing game 3 V 3
Conditioned game to improve quick passing, movement, support and counter attack
- Pitch area 25 x 20 meters
- 2 x Full sized goals - no goalkeepers
- 3 v 3 players on the pitch
- Both teams have 2 x free players either side of the goal they attack.
- Free players conditioned to one touch
- Supply of ball located in or near the goals
Conditioned game of 3 v 3 with no goalkeepers. Both teams have two free players positioned either side of the goal they attack. Objective is to pass the ball to one of their free players, who is limited to one touch only, make supporting runs and try and score from the first time cross or pass. Once there has been an attempt on goal other team quickly counter attack.
- Movement to create space to receive the ball
- Awareness of runs off the ball
- Positive runs into attacking areas for crosses
- Head up, be aware of team mates and free players
- Free players move and call to receive the ball
- Free players awareness of crossing into space for attackers or passing to free players
- Good talking and communication
- Good attitude to finishing - hit the target
- Quick counter attacking
- Simple, effective passing
- Introduce a goalkeeper, but condition to stay within 2 meters of goal line
- Make game a one touch finish
- Allow goalkeepers to distribute to free players at opposite end
Logged in as
Sprint and shoot drill
To encourage quick, checking movement in the penalty area and first time shooting.
Third man running, to finish, from midfield
To improve third man running from midfield players into forward areas.
6 V 3 Finishing game
To develop shooting and finishing opportunities in and around the penalty area
Dribbling passing and finishing drill
Drill to improve dribbling, give and go passing and finishing
Forward runs for near post crosses
To improve a forwards ability to make clever, well timed and positive runs to the near post for crosses.