Drill: 3 V 3 Shoot through 1 goal
Attacking 3 players to combine on both sides of the goal, with passing, support and movement to create a shooting opportunity, through either side of the goal.
- Area 40 x 20 meters marked out with cones
- Full sized goal on the half way line.
- 2 x Teams of 3 players, 2 from each team on one side of the goal, 1 from each team on the other
- Good supply of balls
One goal. Goalkeeper saves both sides. 3 players in each team. Teams line up with 2 players on one side of the goal and one player on the other. There can be no more than 2 players in each half at any one time, but player can move from their own half to the other. Team in possession combine with passing and movement to create a goal scoring opportunity on either side of the goal. If defending team gain possession, they become the attackers. If goalkeeper saves, the ball is returned to the coach. If ball goes out of play, ball is served from the coach. Coach serves the ball. Coach will need a good supply of balls.
- Attitude to take shooting opportunities
- Movement to find space and receive passes
- Accuracy of shooting
- Rebounds form goalkeeper
- Talking and communication
- Decision of when to shoot and when to pass
The coach plays an important role in the game. It is important that there is a good supply of balls and that when a ball goes out of the grid, the coach serves another ball into the area
- Make area bigger and play 4 v 4
- Condition to two touch