10 Apr 2011
A PRACTICE TO IMPROVE PASSING SUPPORT AND TURNING
A passing and support drill as used by many famous Dutch players
- This practice involves 6 or 7 players. Position cones as outlined in the graphic in the PDF, with a player on each cone.
- Start with one ball, but progress to 2 balls.
- If there are more players in your squad, do the session with two groups.
- The distance between the cones and the number of players can be adjusted to suit the age and ability of the players.
KEY TECHNICAL ASPECTS
Accuracy, weight and timing of pass
Check to receive the pass
Angle and distance of support
Communication, both verbal and with body language
Turning with the ball across the back of the cones
Turning round cone, running with ball and reverse pass
- Add a second ball
- Use wrong foot
- Vary the distance between cones