27 Oct 2010
FA Level 1 – DIAMONDS SHOOTING GAME Progression 3
This progression follows on from “– “DIAMONDS SHOOTING GAME – START” AND “DIAMONDS SHOOTING GAME – PROGRESSION 1 AND 2”
View Start of DIAMONDS SHOOTING GAME
View Start of DIAMONDS SHOOTING GAME Progression 1
View Start of DIAMONDS SHOOTING GAME Progression 2
DIAMONDS SHOOTING GAME – PROGRESSION 3
- Organise an area of approximately 40 yards x 20 yards, with a goal in the middle and one goalkeeper in the goal. The goalkeeper should look to save shots from both directions
- Lay out a shooting line approximately 6 yards from either side of the goal. The players must shoot before this line
- Position two strikers either side of the goal. They must stay in the area either side of the goal and should look to be creative and take on shooting opportunities.
- Position a defender on each of the two shooting lines. Once a fielder has touched the ball, they can move to defend against the two strikers
- Position 2 – 4 fielders on either side of the goal and around the outside of the area. Their job is to field any shots that go through the goal or miss the goal.
- After one of the fielders has received the ball, they should bounce the ball back into the two strikers in the shooting area
- If a shot goes through the goal or misses the goal, the strikers on the other side of the goal must leave the ball to go through to the fielders.
- Position a second goalkeeper 10 yards to the side of the goal, with a supply of footballs. They can rotate with the goalkeeper in goal. Their job is also to distribute the ball, by throwing to any of the fielders if a ball goes out of play.
- Supply of balls, bibs and maker discs
- Introduce a defender to create a 2 v 1 situation
- Strikers to be aware of defender and create realistic shooting opportunities that by pass the defender, through movement and support for the player on the ball
- After shot 2 strikers rotate with 2 fielders
Winning team are the first to score 4 goals. If a defender wins the ball, one goal is deducted from the score
COACH TO ENCOURAGE
- Reaction from the strikers to find space and receive the ball from the fielders
- Communication between strikers, both verbally and with hand gestures
- Strikers to play with their heads up and be aware of defenders position
- Positive, accurate passing, to bypass the defender
- Decision of the player receiving the ball, which will be dependent on the position of the defender to shoot or pass
- Supporting movement between players to bypass the defender
- Strikers to be creative and be aware of the finishing requirements of the competition
- Head up to assess goalkeepers position
- Appropriate close range finishing techniques – more accuracy, less power
- Rebounds from the goalkeeper
Download PDF Below
Watch the Session