28 Sep 2010
FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION LEVEL 1 COACHING – FIND A FRIEND
This is the second in a series of blogs relating the Football Association Level 1 coaching course. This time we have taken the Football Association Level 1 coaching session “Find A Friend and added 5 progressions, eventually leading to a link to the Football Association Level 2 coaching award that shows how to coach the technical and skill sessions for turning receiving the ball and support play.
“FIND A FRIEND” – START OF THE PRACTICE
- Two v Two in the middle
- Four target players in target zones on the four corners of the area
- Size of the area is relevant to the number of players and the age and ability of the players
- Supply of balls, bibs and marker discs
- Rotate target players and middle players regularly
- Play Two v Two in the middle area.
- Two players to combine together and to play to a free target player as quickly as possible to score.
- Target players immediately play to the opposition – the team that haven’t passed to them
- Competition is to try and score the most goals
COACH TO ENCOURAGE
- All players to be on their toes and alert, ready to receive a pass
- Movement to find space and to support the player on with the ball
- Good communication between players, both verbally and with hand gestures
- Accurate passing
- Turning, dribbling and running with the ball if appropriate
Download PDF Below
Watch the Session