24 May 2011
THE NEED FOR PROGRESSIONS AND CHALLENGES WHEN COACHING FOOTBALL – PART FOUR
This is the fourth part of the topic that I presented at the recent Football Coaching in Porto, Portugal. This involves progressions and challenges when coaching players.
In these examples, again taken from legacy.grassrootscoaching.com, the coach has organised a rotating close range shooting game. The objective is to provide the players with lots of opportunities to have realistic, match like scenarios to practice close range shooting and finishing opportunities.
Diamonds Progression 2 – Number the players
- All the numbered players must score
- All players must pass or touch the ball at least once before a shot, this can include the shot.
- Passing must be first time
- Goal must be a first time finish. Rebounds count:
- The winning team are the first ones where all the players score. This can be in any order, but all must score